Wednesday 25 March 2009

It has begun...

Well I finally thought I'd start a blog to save all my thoughts and discoveries whilst I code away at and outside of work!

My plan is to blog about anything to do with coding, development, architecture and all those wonderfull geek like things.

Anyway, a little about my experience in case people are interested. I am currently employed as technical/solutions architect with a large property services company. I've been here over 10.5yrs. For more details on that, you can check out my linkedin profile

I've been a true style geek since the age of 8 when I wrote my first logo program at school, then got an Amstrad CPC6128 (go 128kb of ram!) and was writing games on that as I wasn't impressed with the ones I could buy.

I've worked with .Net since it's initial release, and have followed it through to the current upcoming 2010 version. Also I've worked a lot with Oracle databases and writing/tuning apps for it. But I'm not adverse to dabbling with Java or any other language that intrigues me (currently having a play with Ruby & Python).

Technologies & trends I am specifically enjoying playing with at present are Message Broker, WCF, Security (geneva etc) and REST. Oh and I'm sure some cloud-play will come about too.


I love the challenge of problem solving applications, be that with performance, or those hard to trace bugs, plus designing/architecting new solutions. I like to think I've got a good grounding in the work I do, but I always try to remember what a great man (an ex boss in fact) once told me - and that is that "you don't know what you don't know!" so every day working on code is potentially a lesson - don't get compacent!

No comments:

Post a Comment